Who we are
The division has a differentiated brand strategy in its main markets.
The branding strategy is relying on existing key strengths and recognition locally and to retain well-established brands following acquisitions to maintain recognition by physicians. Medicover operates under the brand names:
- Synevo in Romania, Poland, Ukraine, Belarus, Bulgaria, Georgia, Moldova.
- beo-lab in Serbia.
- Institut für Medizinische Diagnostik (IMD) in Germany.
Diagnostic Services’ key markets are Germany, Romania, Ukraine and Poland.
Operates 91 clinical laboratories
Operates 454 Blood Drawing Points (BDPs)
115 million tests processed in 2016
The division operates a range of regional and central laboratories, hospital laboratories, specialist laboratories, as well as a large network of blood drawing points. This hub-and-spoke system enables Medicover to serve a wide catchment with a broad range of tests regardless of location and to assure results are returned promptly.
- Regional and central laboratories: These centralised labs act as hubs for their country of operation or region with Berlin providing a hub for the whole division and conducts routine tests, immunology tests, and advanced tests (including anatomical histopathology and molecular tests (genetics)). provide advanced diagnostics, as well as clinical trial reference laboratory services. The regional laboratories are located around the central laboratories and provide a range of routine and immunology tests with shorter processing time.
- Hospital laboratories: These laboratories are able to provide urgent diagnostic testing and facilitate off-site access to a broad range of tests.
- Specialised laboratories: Special labs provide centralised services in a dedicated field, e.g. special immunology, genetics and histopathology.
- Blood Drawing Points: operate as collection points for blood, urine and tissue samples. The samples are then transported to Medicover’s laboratories where they are analysed.
The division’s clients are public and private healthcare providers, private customers, local governments, insurance companies, pharmaceutical and biotech companies and other commercial laboratories. Our focus is to build top quality services, a broad-based offer of medical services, diagnostic tools, and accessible communication channels to meet the need of our clients.